[Koha] Koha MARC modification template and field 008 position 07-10

schnydszch eugenegf at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 21:06:06 NZDT 2016

Yeah I'm using MARCEdit but since seing this feature I thought of the 008s, 260 and 264. Since we can now mass modify bibliographic records in newer versions of Koha. On a similar note, are there any current development/s regarding this? Thanks and cheers Jesse, Jonathan & Sebastian!
-eugene

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 16:01, Sebastian Hierl [via Koha]<ml-node+s1045719n5876905h84 at n5.nabble.com> wrote:   I would consider MarcEdit and because it is fully integrated with Koha, you
can save records you modified in MarcEdit directly back into Koha.

--
Sebastian Hierl, Ph.D.
Drue Heinz Librarian, Arthur & Janet C. Ross Library

T: +39 06 5846 417
F: +39 06 5810 788

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Jonathan Druart <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> At the moment, it's not possible to copy control fields into another
> field (and the reverse).
> The interface should warn you if you try to do it (subfield inputs
> should be both filled or empty).

> > Just so you know, this ended up in my spam folder and may have had the
> same
> > fate elsewhere. Replying for visibility (I unfortunately do not know the
> > modification templates well enough to help you).

> >> Good day to all! I am trying out batch record modification in 3.22 which
> >> uses
> >> MARC modification template. I see that in the action interface of the
> tool,
> >> we can copy fields to another field as based from the Koha 3.22 manual.
> >> see two text boxes after the 'to field' just before 'Regex' checkbox. My
> >> question is: "Are the Control Fields (010 and below) included in here?
> I'm
> >> particularly interested because I want to use this tool to batch modify
> the
> >> 008 position 07-10 to copy fields from 260$c or 264$c? And also related
> >> this, if there's a way that whatever numerical values entered in 260$c
> for
> >> example are copied automatically in 008 position 07-10? I was
> researching
> >> for this the other day in the forum but I was not able to find the
> answer,
> >> that I may have missed it? Thanks in advance and cheers!
> >>
> >> <http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5873989/008.png>
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Jesse Weaver