[Koha] Round the World Koha Tour

Joann Ransom joann.ransom at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 14:21:29 NZST 2016

I  have been overwhelmed by the generosity of the global Koha community and
in the space of less than a week we have ourselves a Koha World Tour!

The draft itinerary can be seen online here:

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/665664/Round-the-World-Koha-Tour/

While it does circumnavigate the world it misses out on huge chunks which
will have to wait for another time. I can't, in all conscience, take more
than 3 months away from the workforce and will have to get a real job at
some point!

I have shown the local hosts or contacts for each leg in case people would
like to help or host.

I will have 3 topics that I would love to talk about:

   1. The Origins of Koha: why we developed it, why Koha, how it has
   developed and why it is so jolly special;
   2. The Koha Community: this is why its so special :) Will talk about how
   the community works and how to get the best out of belonging;
   3. Te Takere: transforming a c1960s library service into a thriving
   community centre. As leader of this fantastic project it has been a career
   changing gig and one which has required a whole new approach. With visitor
   counts rising from 18k a  month to over 40k and reported youth crime down
   60% after the first year of opening we were doing something right.

Once I have firmed up a few more leads and checked the feasibility of this
from a booking flights point of view I'll post a firm itinerary.

Many thanks - and I can't wait to meet you!

--
Joann Ransom RLIANZA
Chief Executive