[Koha] Howdy!

Samuel Crawford samuel.crawford at marianas.edu
Thu Jun 16 15:15:11 NZST 2016

Greetings, Koha Family!

My name is Sam Crawford. I am the Academic Librarian (and currently Acting
Director of Library Programs and Services) at Northern Marianas College in
the U.S. territory of Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
(CNMI).

I'm fairly new to this profession and to Koha, and I find myself feeling
occasionally daunted, not so much by the "How do I...?" questions, but more
by the "Should I...?" questions. I long for guidance on general upkeep /
maintenance (i.e., "Make sure you're doing 'x' every week") -- a
check-list, of sorts, to make sure I'm taking care of this baby the way I
should be.  A list of suggested reports to create and/or run, to ensure the
data is squeaky clean, would be ideal.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to learning more about Koha, how to
maximize its use, and how to make it better, with the help of this
community and its various interest groups.  This email is a first step in
that direction, so if you have any
"I-wish-I'd-known-'x'-when-I-first-started-using-Koha"-type of advice, I'm
all ears!

Thanks, all!

Until next time,

Sam

*Samuel Judson Crawford*, M.M., M.L.I.S.
Academic Librarian / Acting Director of Library Programs and Services
Northern Marianas College
P. O. Box 501250
Saipan, MP  96950
Phone | 670.237.6798
Fax | 670.234.0759
samuel.crawford at marianas.edu

--
Start Smart. Start at NMC.  Visit the Northern Marianas College website at
www.marianas.edu. <http://www.marianas.edu>

This message and any attachments may contain proprietary and, or
confidential information. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or
forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy all copies.