[Koha] Hold notification not sending to current borrower

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed Jun 15 16:00:18 NZST 2016

On 15/06/16 12:27, Murphy, Daniel J wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like some clarification on an issue I am having.
> I have setup hold notifications and enabled the function emailLibrarianWhenHoldIsPlaced and that is all working fine and sending emails as it should.
> What I am finding though is that if 'Student A' has a resource on loan and 'Student B' places a hold the Library staff will get an email advising of the resource hold as expected, however 'Student A' who has the book doesn't get notified by email that a hold has been placed.
> Is it possible to notify the current resource holder by email that a hold has been placed or is this functionality not in Koha?
>
> Regards,
> Dan
Hi Dan,
That functionality does not currently exist.  Personally I think some
borrowers might find it intrusive.  However if the feature were added it
could be controlled by a system preference, to enable each library to
determine its policy.

Of course, the librarian has been alerted and has the option to issue a
recall.

You could post an enhancement request to Koha's bugzilla or better
still, send a patch or sponsor the development.

I thought there was a system preference to not allow renewals on items
that are reserved, however I just had a look and couldn't see it.  So
probably not.

I hope this helps,
Bob Birchall
CALYX