[Koha] Alert the staff when a patron visits the library

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sun Jul 31 04:53:37 NZST 2016

Hi Dalton

> One of our patron's library card has been stolen. The person who has the
> card is misusing it to take books. Is there a way to alert the staff when
> the stolen card is used in the library?

I wouldn't know of such an explicit alert functionality.

Usually a stolen card is debarred so noone can use it to borrow
anything. You can give a reason there for the debarment (e. g. stolen
card). Now if the misuser appears the library personnel will see the
card is debarred and ask the misuser to prove his/her identity.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Michael