[Koha] [Koha-devel] Error on Koha Dev Git install

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Jul 8 04:41:54 NZST 2016

At 03:55 PM 7/7/2016 +0000, Scott Kushner wrote:
>Anyone seen this before and have a solution?
>Its some kind of Apache permissions issue, but Im not sure where.
>I gave the directory 755 and www-data permisions..
>
>Forbidden
>You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Yup, Apache (out of the box, all versions that I can remember over the last
two decades) denies access to root (" / ") -- anything else would be a huge
security risk.

So you don't have an Apache problem. And FYI, (you don't say what
"directory" you're referring to), *most* (certainly all static) webpages
should be 644.

>Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an
>ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Normal: if you can't get the request|page, it's "404" -- what do your error
logs say???

Best -- Paul