[Koha] Wiki certificate

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sun Jan 31 08:21:56 NZDT 2016

At 12:03 PM 1/29/2016 -0500, Owen Leonard wrote:
> > Thanks Chris, but... it is the latest version of Opera (34, both .deb
> and win)
>
>When I check Opera 34 on Windows I see no SSL error.

Solved -- or at least I've maybe got to the bottom of this. I now have
Opera running on Ubuntu, Debian and Mint desktops, by forcing the following
certs:
* ISRG Root X1
* Let's Encrypt Authority X1 (IdenTrust cross-signed)
* Let's Encrypt Authority X2 (IdenTrust cross-signed)
* DST Root CA X3

It appears that the Koha/Let's encrypt certificate will never work on WinXP
(we still have three work spaces, unfortunately) except with Firefox (so
Opera, Chrome and IE don't work.) This is apparently a Microsoft problem,
as the Let's Encrypt "countersigner" needs NameConstraints which MS have
not backported to XP and Let's Encrypt apparently can't do without it. Full
details at
<https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/help-needed-windows-xp-support/8756>

Maybe it's not too important -- WinXP only has about 11% market penetration
according to
<https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0>
and Opera is not a prevalent browser -- we just like it for it's speed and
clean layout, but our users/cataloguers rarely need the Koha wiki. So I can
live with it until we can convert the boxes to Linux.

Thanks for the responses -- Paul