[Koha] Conver Koha 2.2.5 database to 3.2.2

jre18 jre18 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 03:10:33 NZDT 2016

Thanks for the response guys!  It is appreciated.  I hope I can pick your
brains just a bit more.  I have a couple follow up questions (or if you know
a wiki that would just answer these questions for me that would be great).

I have koha installed by following these instructions.
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

I have run through the web install and now it is up and running.

For the rest of the process (just to clarify for my own sanity after staring
at this stuff for a few days).

1) On the old Koha server (2.2.5) login to administration and do the "MARC
biblio export"

2) Open this in a MARC editor and update the MARC tags (or do i just need to
do this for items?)

3) Import this into the Koha (3.2.2)

4) Export Patrons.  I dont see a way to do this in the administration page.
I assume I will need to run a sql command to dump the borrowers table to CSV
or mysqldump of the table?  If you know a better way please let me know.

5) Do the same as 4 for the items and itemtype table?  You mention amending
my item record in a Marc editor, so i feel like i'm missing something here.

Any other tables i should consider moving over?

Any commands i need to run after doing this or simply reboot the server for
good measure?