[Koha] any recommended best practises for handling DoS / DDoS attacks on Koha?

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 01:33:04 NZDT 2016

Hi all,

Last night I managed to DoS someone's Koha box accidentally, Of course
I called up to inform them that they need to restart the services. But
this set me thinking. Anyone running a crawler against the export
options in the OPAC can DoS down a stock Koha install running on a
VPS, by flooding it with too many requests too fast.

What are the usual recommended practises to limit / mitigate / handle
such cases?

thanks in advance

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg