[Koha] Setting DueDates and Sending OverDue Notices

Jesse Lambertson jlambertson at sqcc.org
Tue Feb 2 08:14:53 NZDT 2016

Hello everyone,

We are working in a koha set up (3.20 on debian 7 - package install on
local server).

Our notifications are edited to send, most of them are going out etc.

But the system is sending NO Overdue notices for some reason,

Let me summarize what I have set up in case this is helpful to anyone.

In Administration > Circulation & Fine Rules, we have set the circulation
polices, renewal permissions per patron types etc.

In Patron Category Admin, we have set Overdue notices to YES.

In that same Category, we have the set circulation unit in days (30) which
seems like it SHOULD trigger overdue notices at the appointed time - it is
not.

*Why might this be*?

Also, regarding the set up of Hard Due Dates: *Do these have to be set to
trigger OverDue notices if the other circulation rules are set*?
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Hard_Due_Dates_Circ_Rule_RFC

I am not finding the language here as clear as I think it could be for me.

We are currently sending notices for Advance Notice, Item Due and Holds
Available.
But OverDue notices are not going out.
I might have incorrectly set up the triggers defined here
http://translate.koha-community.org/manual/3.20/en/html-desktop/#noticetriggers
because I have delays set for advance notice and items due and one Overdue
notice. But it SEEMS the advance notice would need a different delay
trigger than overdue because one is before the item is due and one is
after.

The Cronjob is running to check them, the messaging queue is being checked
every 15 minutes according to the logs, but they are still not being sent.

*What is it I am missing here*?
*Is this a trigger set-up issue, a hard due date issue or something deeper*?

Thank you for any advice.

Jesse.

--
Jesse A Lambertson