[Koha] Data Leakage through Cover Requests

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 27 08:23:19 NZDT 2016

While that article only covers Amazon and Ex Libris Primo. It is always good to think about things like this when using third party content.

However Koha fetches Amazon images in quite a different way, with or without using coce and is not suspectible to this (at least for Amazon) However using coce will protect your uses from paractises like this for all cover image sources.

https://github.com/fredericd/coce

(Of course open library with its open data cover images doesn't do nasty things like this anyway. Yet another reason open beats proprietary)

Chris