[Koha] Koha Maps

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Dec 22 04:14:38 NZDT 2016

> As noted, the data within Library Technology Guides is not
> offered via an open data license, but I do provide extensive
> data services to anyone interested without cost.

I can imagine some reasons why one would not want to explicitly offer
data under an open license:

- Fear that access to the data will become a financial burden
(hosting/data limits).
- Unwillingness to develop a method of access to the data.
- Unwillingness to make a commitment to maintaining the data and/or
API in the future.
- Desire to reserve the right to monetize access to the data in the future.

Some of those concerns can be mitigated by cooperation.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries