[Koha] Number of Koha Libraries in the Word

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Dec 10 14:09:07 NZDT 2016

Hi Sebastian

> In view of our marketing initiative aimed at librarians who are not yet
> familiar with Koha it would be helpful to have such a list or a map
> illustrating Koha's international impact on our main website.
> Librarians not familiar with Koha usually are not familiar with the Koha
> wiki.  If Marshall Breeding does a good job at keeping the list up to
> date, we should go with his--his expertise and objectivity would further
> provide credibility, though I would ideally want to work with him (or
> his data) to implement a visually stimulating map or list.

In fact Marshall Breeding is not keeping the directory up to date by
himself - this is a list with thousands and thousands of libraries, not
only Koha. But everyone that wants to be included in the directory can
register and include his library. This makes it the best list of (Koha)
libraries available by far. Here's the link to register:

https://librarytechnology.org/secure/member-register.pl

In my case when I finish the migration of a library to Koha I always add
the library to Marshall Breedings directory.

Besides I'm especially interested in Koha libraries in the German
speaking countries so I keep a list of such libraries at
http://koha-de.org/wiki/Koha/Anwender - there I also make use of the
Koha map from Marshall Breeding's libraries.org and also the one made by
Galen Charlton some months ago.

Best wishes: Michael