[Koha] New opac detail view for records

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Tue Dec 6 06:55:59 NZDT 2016

Sorry about the site being down. I rebooted the server and it’s working again. One of these days I’ll look into why that happens, but not today.

As far as I can tell, all you need to do is configure the XSLT files to have the right file names so they can find each other. Then go into Koha Administration – Global System Preferences – OPAC – Appearance and change the file locations for OPACXSLTDetailsDisplay and OPACXSLTResultsDisplay.

If you want to look at my modified xsl files, you should be able to see them at
http://www.philobiblios.info:81/authcatDetail.xsl
http://www.philobiblios.info:81/authcatResults.xsl
http://www.philobiblios.info:81/authcatUtils.xsl

(With apologies to all *real* XSLT coders. ☺ I know XSLT coding the way I know cataloging—I picked up things as I went along and I know it’s a bit messy.)

Fred King
fred.king at medstar.net<mailto:fred.king at medstar.net>
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279

I have one of those metabolisms where I can eat whatever I want and my body converts it to energy and stores the excess as fat.
--Randall Munroe, xkcd

From: Pedro Amorim [mailto:pjamorim91 at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 8:00 AM
To: Elaine Bradtke
Cc: King, Fred; koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] New opac detail view for records

Thanks all for your help,

Yes, I do have a test server and I'm doing all the changes in a Docker container, so if something goes wrong I just rollback to where it was initially.
Also, all the changes I make to core including XSLT files modifications go in the Dockerfile and hence are documented and need to be considered for any future upgrade. So all is well in that regard.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get back to this matter for a couple of days but I'll definitely update this thread when I get to it.
Fred, I'll start by following your advice, however I couldn't access the link you shared, it's showing a database error, at the time of writing.
Also "as long as Koha knows what they're called, and you can put them anywhere you want as long as Koha knows where they are", any special place (system preferences, any other xml config file) that need to mention these new files? Also, did you change the template files to show the new detail view option?

Thanks again,

Pedro Amorim

I agree with everything Fred said.  It's taken quite a bit of testing and
retesting to change something in the OPAC display. We managed to
accidentally  hide all the bibliographic data in the OPAC search results on
the first two tries.  Thank goodness for our test system.

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler