[Koha] What is the point of the Undo Import into catalogue feature?

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Dec 6 05:12:43 NZDT 2016

At 01:28 PM 12/5/2016 +0000, Raymund Delahunty wrote:
>I ran repeated tests for up to 48 hours or more. I think the indexes were
>partly updated- 7K out of 13K "remained". I have two files to deal with
>tomorrow (3K, and 30K small MARC records- bibs and items). I am tempted to
>try the Undo again to see if it works. I am asking our support company
>PTFS Europe about any issues there might be with the zebra indexer. If it
>goes wrong again I'll ask for another index rebuild, and give up on the
>Undo feature.

I would agree with what François wrote re: Zebra. Just adding that the
normal Koha "incremental" cron job appears to be bullet-proof for
additions, and is normally totally reliable for "admin/staff" adds,
deletes, edits, etc. We run it every minute and it's a matter of milliseconds.

However, we have had times where a complete (bibs *and* auths) re-index was
required, but by the time the cataloguers told me "what they had done" I
could not reproduce it. So I now have a weekly cron job for a complete
re-index. Although it looks "long" on an SSH screen, the actual down-time
of the Zebra server is just a few seconds, so our cataloguers have been
told to call me if in doubt, and I do it manually. I'm sure PTFS can sort
this out for you.

Paul