[Koha] MARC Modification Templates & indicators

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Tue Aug 30 12:19:41 NZST 2016

Hi collective wisdom,

We're trying to fix up an issue with our records by copying information
from the 810 MARC field (series added entry) to 490 (series statement)
using MARC Modification Templates. Our template currently is just one
action that looks like this:

Copy All field(s) 810 __ to field 490 __

with no "if" condition or regex specified. The blank underlines represent
the fact that we're copying all the subfields from one tag to the other
without modification. But the problem is our cataloger wants to follow
standards and make the 490 indicators "1_", that is: first indicator 1 for
"series traced", second blank. Our 800 tags have first indicator set to "2"
and there doesn't appear to be any way to change them via the templates.

Am I missing something or do the MARC modification templates simply not
interact with indicators? I know I can export the records and edit them
with an external tool like MARCedit or a pymarc script but I wanted to try
accomplishing this purely in Koha.

Best,
Eric Phetteplace
Systems Librarian