[Koha] search quits working

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Sat Aug 27 02:10:24 NZST 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Scott Owen <sowen at edzone.net> wrote:

> koha-foreach --enabled /usr/sbin/koha-start-zebra
>
> to the bottom of the file ??
> Will this run the koha-start-zebra command at the appropriate time ??
>
> Or is there a "better" solution ??

I think you'll need to use this at the end of the file:

koha-foreach --enabled /usr/sbin/koha-stop-zebra > /dev/null 2>&1
sleep 120
koha-foreach --enabled /usr/sbin/koha-start-zebra > /dev/null 2>&1

That will let running searches stop before zebra is re-started. If you want
to restart this at 07:55 as Mark Tompsett proposed, you'll have to use
/etc/cron.d/koha-common instead. In that case, I'd put the commands inside
a shell script and call that from inside the cron... let's call
it /path/to/myrestartzebra.sh

Note that cron.d requires the user to run as after the time options, which
would look like this:

55 7 * * * root /path/to/myrestartzebra.sh

All of this is off the seat of my pants, so test the individual pieces by
hand. For instance, I know that you'll need to set PATH explicitly
in myrestartzebra.sh, because cron probably doesn't have that set.