[Koha] How many Koha libraries are there worldwide?

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Tue Aug 23 11:45:56 NZST 2016

Hi

I wonder how many libraries worldwide are using Koha.

At the moment Marshall Breedings wonderful website libraries.org lists
4'352 libraries using Koha:
* http://www.librarytechnology.org/lwc-processquery.pl?ILS=Koha

I always thought there are about 4'000 or meanwhile even 6'000 libraries
using Koha, since of course not everyone is listing their library in
libraries.org.

But today I was thrilled to find the number of "around 15'000" Koha
libraries in an article by Catalyst:
* https://www.catalyst-eu.net/news/koha-introduction-courses

Does anyone have other numbers? Or does anyone have the approximate
numbers for his own country?

For Austria, Germany and Switzerland I try to find every Koha library,
these are the current numbers (http://adminkuhn.ch/wiki/Koha/Anwender),
but not counting library branches:

* Austria: 7
* Germany: 37