[Koha] Using perl module Koha::Contrib::Tamil koha-auth

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 02:40:20 NZST 2016

Hello Frédéric !

Thank you so much for replying my questions.

1) Yes '353.9(469)(094.4)' is supposed to be an authority that was just an
example - 'Wilkens, H. J.' is another example.
I think they are properly indexed as I can search for those exact terms and
the results are returned in the intra interface.

2) Picking up on your comment on having a malformed biblio record, I had
indeed some very incomplete records with no 6XX or 7XX in them,
consequently no authorities to link and I thought that may be causing the
behaviour.
However, on a different import with all the records having authority info
to link from, the same error is occurring.

I think I might have figured part of the reason for 1) to be happening.
In
https://github.com/fredericd/Koha-Contrib-Tamil/blob/master/lib/Koha/Contrib/Tamil/Authority/FromBiblioTask.pm#L74
Some characters, namely ',', are being stripped from the value and the
authorities are being saved without the ',' character. Upon running the
link task, ',' is still present in the biblios so the match fails. Does
that make sense?

Anyway, I think that's only part of the reason because there are some other
authorities throwing not found warnings without any of those chars special
chars.

Yet another possible reason could be encoding causing the match to fail,
for example 'Ossian, Séc. 3'.

Another (probably) important piece of information is I have a UNIMARC
installation, is there some particular (indexing) configuration required?

Please let me know if any of this makes sense.

Thank you,

Pedro Amorim