[Koha] Cleaning up lots of duplicates

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Aug 4 15:05:14 NZST 2016

* Carlock, Ruth (rmcarlock at york.edu) wrote:
> For ebooks more than one record is like having more than one copy of that
> title which allows more than one person use that title at the same time.
> For print titles we can add all of the copies to the same bibliographic
> record.
> But it takes two bibliographic records for two people to use the same title
> of an eBook at the same time.  It requires a URL to access an eBook and a
> URL can only be used by one person at a time. I assume that is the reason
> you are finding duplicate bib records for ebooks.

Even if you buy into the artificial idea that publishes enforce that bits are scarce
and 2 people can't be using the same resource at the same time.
(Which as libraries we should be pointing is absurd at all possible opportunities)

Then why wouldn't you just put the url at 952u, you can then have multiple items with
different urls attached to the same bibliograhic record.

Chris