[Koha] Cleaning up lots of duplicates

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:43:06 NZST 2016

I've discovered that due to a mistake a long time ago we have a large
number of duplicate biblio records in our system... as much as a third of
our database, or possibly even more.  This is old enough that the import
marc batches have long been cleaned.

The good news is these duplicates are mainly for e-Books licensed through
EBSCO, where we just have the bibliographic record and an 856u field, with
no items or circulation.

If I could construct an SQL query to identify the duplicate biblionumbers
(excluding an original record for each item), would it be enough to delete
database records from the items, biblioitems, and biblios tables, and then
fully re-index Zebra to clean these up?

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoehoorn at york.edu <jcoehoorn at york.edu>*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society