[Koha] Sharing advanced bib editor macros?

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Aug 4 10:39:28 NZST 2016

That's a great idea.  Perhaps something along the lines of the reports
library? https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library
We haven't done any macros yet.  But would happily contribute if and when
we do.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Hernandez, Heather <
heather_hernandez at nps.gov> wrote:

> Hi, all--
>
> I was asked if I had created any macros for the advanced cataloging editor,
> and it made me realize that I had & that it might be good to get some macro
> sharing going!  I'm not sure the best way to share them--perhaps a macro
> library on https://koha-community.org/ ?  Because why type from scratch
> when you can copy & paste, right?:)  These are the macros that I wrote and
> use, so far:
>
> New 3XX fields for photographic print bib record:
> new 336=‡astill image ǂb sti ǂ2 rdacontent
> new 337=‡aunmediated ǂb n ǂ2 rdamedia
> new 338=‡asheet ǂb nb ǂ2 rdacarrier
>
> New 540 note for archival material records:
> new 540=‡aThe San Francisco Maritime NHP possesses physical property rights
> through ownership of the materials. However, copyright may reside with the
> individual or corporate body responsible for the creation of the materials,
> or with their heirs. It is the user's responsibility to respect the
> provisions of the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United
> States Code). Permission to reproduce or publish from this collection must
> be secured by the user from the copyright holders.
>
> New 710 field for archival material records:
> new 710=‡aSan Francisco Maritime National Historical Park (Agency : U.S.).
> 710k=Collection.
> 710n=SAFR
> indicators=2_
>
> New 040 field for all original cataloging records:
> 040a=UDU
> 040c=UDU
> 040b=eng
> 040e=rda
>
> And I also used heavily the manual section about macros is 1.1.2.2. Macros
> in Advanced Cataloging
> <http://manual.koha-community.org/3.22/en/cataloging.html#macroscataloging>
> and
> learned that they are saved as cookies, so are browser-specific, i.e., I'm
> doing all my Koha work with my Firefox browser on a particular laptop,
> because that's the browser storing my macros.
>
> Cheerio!
> h2
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Heather Hernandez
> Technical Services Librarian
> San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
> 2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
> 415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
> http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm
>
> "The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)