[Koha] [Koha-devel] General IRC Meeting 3 August 2016 / Kohacon 2017 bidder information

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Aug 2 09:13:50 NZST 2016

Hi All

I just want to second Mirko's email about Kohacon17, at the moment we
only have the one bid (For the Philippines) as Kohacon was in Europe
this year
and can't be in the same continent within 3 years.
However there is a real lack of information, or contact with any
people in Philippines about their bid.
For example the  hosting organisations are named as the National
Library and Onstrike, but the community has had no contact with anyone
from either organisation.

So we really need either a mail to the list of them to show at the
next meeting. Also I would heartily recommend any organisation outside
of Europe or Africa (the last 2 continents)
to propose also. It isn't too late, but we do need an actual contact
so we can be sure things will happen.

Thanks
Chris