[Koha] Error thrown when updating items

wildness lauraerinmann at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:39:43 NZST 2016

Hi,
  I'm running Koha 3.18.12.000 and I can this error when I try to update
items for a record:

:21: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: record line 6 and
datafield
</datafield>
            ^
:22: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: collection line 2 and
record
</record>
         ^
:23: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
</collection>

the url pattern is something like this:
../cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/additem.pl?op=edititem&biblionumber=''&itemnumber=''#edititem

When I edit one of the fields on this screen it throughs the error above.
It seems like a xml error, but after some internet sleuthing I came up with
nothing.  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks!