[Koha] Best practices for koha - journal migration using marcedit

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 02:54:50 NZST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM, Suresh Kumar Tejomurtula
<tejoskumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear team,
>
> I would like to know how to covert excel data of journals especially with
> large number of issues(having more than 600 issues) for each journal. Tried
> using marcedit and it is giving error - 501 when trying to covert mrk to
> mrc format.

If it is MarcEdit giving you error, your best bet for support is the
marcedit mailing list at
https://listserv.gmu.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=marcedit-l

> Is there any other way how I can covert this data to mrc format.

Yes, if you do programming or have access to a programmer adept at
handling MARC21 data, you can.

regards
-indranil

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg