[Koha] Search results display (opac-facets.inc)

King, Fred Fred.King at Medstar.net
Tue Apr 19 05:15:37 NZST 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm running Koha 3.20.05 on Ubuntu 14.04. It's on our Intranet, so I can't give you a link yet.

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the display of search results; in particular, a couple of fields displayed by the file opac-facets.inc in /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/en/includes.

First one:

In the Item types administration (http://(intranet):8282/cgi-bin/koha/admin/itemtypes.pl) I have an itype with a code of "ART" and description of "Journal Article." Let's say I go to the main Koha search screen and type in "shorr." On the right-hand side, I get the records as formatted by results.xsl. No problem there. However, on the left-hand side under "Item types" I get both "art" and "Journal Article." The links to "art" look like this:
   http://(intranet):82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&q=shorr&sort_by=relevance_dsc&limit=itype:art
whereas the articles to "Journal Article" look like this:
   http://(intranet):82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&q=shorr&sort_by=relevance_dsc&limit=itype:ART
If I try narrowing by clicking on either term, or both terms, the number is the same, so it isn't a matter of different records formatted different ways.

Somewhere in the depths of Koha, "Item types" is drawing information from both the Item type code and the Item type description. Is there an easy way to change the display to just show the Item type description?

Second one:

The "Topics" field displays five subject headings (650$a), and when I click on "Show more" it displays 20 subject headings. Is there a way to display ALL the subject headings turned up by this particular search? There will be a lot of them, but I want to display them all for this catalog.

Thanks,

Fred King
fred.king at medstar.net<mailto:fred.king at medstar.net>
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279

Life is complicated, stupid, confusing and annoying. Why couldn't I have been a squirrel?
--Anon

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI. IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected. Thank you. Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.