[Koha] New to Koha, but very interested

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Sat Apr 16 20:20:20 NZST 2016

Hi to all,

>A couple of questions arise from this:
>
>1 - can I assume that the z39.50 connection will updater itself, or this
>has to be done manually?

It has to be done manually.

>2 - the records are searchable at the local library, but I would presume
>that they are indicated to be located elsewhere?
If you search on z39.50 connections the standard is that all records are located
elesewhere.
It is very unusual that you insert into z39.50 targets also you own server.

>3 - When doing a search, will their be options to only search at the
>local library, or will all records be searchable at all times.
When you do a search you can select the targets.

>4 - The use fo Z39.50 depends on the target server to have a MARC
>something or another.  How to I confirm that this is turned on/set up?
>The libraries will all be using KOHA in the network, as we set them up.
>How do I turn it on/set it up if needed?

There isn't a formal way to confirm you have a z39.50 server open to others
libraries.
The normal way is: write a web page with you connections parameters
like this: http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/z3950configuration.html

Bye
Zeno Tajoli