[Koha] Lowering max reserves/ holds

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 02:53:30 NZST 2015

Hi, All --

Our maxreserves is currently set for 50 items, that is patrons can
have up to 50 holds at a time.

Turns out we have a patron who actually comes close to reaching this
limit on a regular basis -- almost continuously in fact.

Since staff are spending an inordinate amount of time dealing with one
patron's holds, we'd like to lower the limit to something more
reasonable, perhaps 20 or 25.

Before doing so, however, we want to make sure there aren't any hidden
potholes waiting for us.

These are the questions that have occurred to us, but if you have
other thoughts or advice, please feel free to share :-)

1./  Is there a message when patrons attempt to place one more hold
than is allowed? If so, it seems that the message is not customizable.

2./  Can the the hold limit be overridden by staff?

Thanks for any tips you can provide.

Even if you don't have any thoughts to share, here's a super-quick
4-question survey on your max reserves policy:
http://goo.gl/forms/XhBsajq2j0. We'll share the results on the list!

Thank you,

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library