[Koha] Disable displaying items from other locations (independent branches)

le-grex post at grex.is-lost.org
Tue Sep 22 00:33:56 NZST 2015

Am 21.09.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Mirko Tietgen:
> Hi Gregor,

Hello Mirko,

> Le-grex schrieb am 20.09.2015
>
>> "Staff Client Catalog Search: By default, items from other
>> locations are displayed catalog searches."
>>
>> But i don't get how to change this default behaviour?
>
> I don't think there is an equivalent to the OPAC limitation options
> in the staff client. You can manually limit searches to a single
> branch in advanced search, I assume that is meant here.

Mh, maybe if i can make this fix for the common search in staff-client,
that would be a way.

> If you do not want the libraries to be connected at all, multiple
> Koha instances may be a better choice than independent branches.
> Have you looked into that?

Yes, indeed and it makes sense, but: There are some dozens of libraries
of this organisation (In fact it is one organisation, but they are more
or less independent from eachother). Each one does not have soooo many
items (books etc.)... The Problem is not so much, that i can find items
from other libraries, but that i can see how often which item has been
borrowed etc.

So i hoped, having one instance with a lot of branches on a "nice"
server, is more suitable than having... let's say 20 Koha Instances on
one Server or 20 VMs ;)

> HTH,
>
> Mirko

Ya, thank you.