[Koha] Question about Koha Item types.

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Sun Sep 20 22:00:38 NZST 2015

Hi Jesse,

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do, but maybe I can
still help out with some general information about the item types in
942$c and 952$y.

The pull downs for both are populated from the list of item types
configured in your Koha installation, independent from the values that
might appear in your data. So in order for this to work correctly, your
configured item type codes should match exactly the information in your
imported records. Be careful: the spelling needs to be exactly the same
(case-sensitive). It's also a good habit to have your item type codes be
only alphanumerical, without spaces, underscores, hyphens or similar, as
that might affect searching later.

The item type codes from both fields are indexed together into the same
index. I'd run a few tests with one or two manually added records -
checking the advanced search and also the item type facet.

Hope this helps,

Katrin