[Koha] System generated field 001 control number

Pablo Bianchi pablo.bianchi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 11:07:13 NZST 2015

Hi ​Heather,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Hernandez,
​​
Heather <heather_hernandez at nps.gov> wrote:

> Hi, Pablo--
>
> I'm not really sure what you're asking--we use the 001 for a unique
> bibliographic control number, which for us is the OCLC record number.

​
We wish to have 001 as unique bibliographic control number, but our library
have nothing to do with OCLC.

Are you saying that you wish Koha could automatically generate a unique
> control number in the 001?

​Yes.

> Would you use this differently from the Koha record number in the 999 $c
> field?

​Yes. In fact we already have a control number on old records because they
come from a migration, and this numbers could overlap with biblionumber
(999$c). That's why ​​bug 9921 is not useful for us. We need on 001 a
unique record number that is not equal neither with OCLC control number nor
Koha's biblionumber.

Cheers,
Pablo