[Koha] Self-checkout behavior

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Sun Sep 13 04:47:36 NZST 2015

Hi Uwe,

not sure if I understand you correctly, but I will try to explain how it
works:

When going to the self check page, it should log in with the special
user you set up automatically. Now any patron should be able to start
the checkout process using their cardnumber or user name
(SelfCheckoutByLogin) and then proceed to do checkouts.

I think the idea behind the web based self check was a computer sitting
in the library that is used as a self checkout station only. Maybe also
set so that only the self checkout page can be opened?

There are some open bugs that should be pushed soon, that deal with the
behaviour you describe and should improve things quite a bit.

Hope this helps,

Katrin