[Koha] Big Collection

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Sep 4 15:33:24 NZST 2015

* Jerwyn (os.jerwynfernandez at gmail.com) wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> We have roughly have 400,000 collections, cataloged in koha.
>
> We are experiencing *"504 Gateway Time-out The server didn't respond in
> time."*  whenever the keyword we are searching has a several of results.
>
> Can you please give us inputs from your own experience on how are we going
> to optimize the server, to make it seamless.
>
> Looking forward to this, thank you and best regards!

Hi Jerwyn

400,000 should be no problem, there are libraries with much bigger
collections than that. Do you know where the slow down is?

MySQL would be my first suspect, but you will need to find where the
slowdown is before you can optimise it.

You can have a look at
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Performance

Chris