[Koha] Z39.50 Bug -> marcxml_old on import_records table

Pedro Amorim pjamorim91 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:14:35 NZDT 2015

Hello,

Version: Koha 3.2002000

My name is Pedro Amorim and I've been implementing Koha for the first time
for the past couple of days now.

This is a fresh package install.

This is a bug (I think) I stumbled upon and this is how I solved it:
When performing a Z39.50 search I kept getting no records found despite the
fact that I knew there were records (doing a yaz-client search and using
the online demo returned results, so why didn't it return in my
installation?).

So I found out that the records should've been inserted in the
import_records table but they weren't. Because marcxml_old wasn't being
defined and it expected some value (NULL = NO), so I went in and changed
the database structure to NULL = YES and everything is now working as
expected.

I think this also has something to do with mysql STRICT_TRANS_TABLES but I
would like some confirmation on that.

I'm new in the whole Koha scene and don't yet know how to submit bugs.
I'm sending this mail in the hopes that someone confirms that this is
indeed a bug and document the given solution.

Cheers