[Koha] Koha glacially slow

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Oct 9 11:44:28 NZDT 2015

Aparrish schreef op do 08-10-2015 om 09:22 [-0700]:
> but this Koha instance (a local
> test server through 127.0.1.1) is so slow it's literally impossible to
> use,
> both staff and opac side. It takes about twenty seconds to resolve any
> request at all.

What is slow? Loading the main page, performing a search, the staff
interface, all of the above?

When it's slow and trying to load, what is using the CPU (a command like
'top') is helpful for this. Is it apache, is it Koha Perl scripts, is it
mysql, is it zebra? Or is it none of the above, in which case it might
be a network configuration issue. Also keep an eye on memory use,
especially to see if your machine is going into swap. On 3GB it
shouldn't be, but if it is noticeably, then that would indicate
something strange and would also be a problem.

When it's being slow, what does the browser say? You can bring up the
firefox element inspector by right-clicking on a page, and then use the
network tab to get a set of graphs showing the time taken to load
things, is there one thing that's slower than other things, or are they
all pretty slow?

You say "resolve" above, do you mean resolve in the technical sense
(i.e. DNS resolution), or do you mean in the colloquial "to finish"
sense?

With this sort of detail, we might be able to point you towards the
right place to look.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.