[Koha] Koha installation on Ubuntu 14.04.3

Bohdan Šmilauer b.smilauer at post.cz
Wed Oct 7 09:31:30 NZDT 2015

Hello,
Instructions how to install Koha 3.20 on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) is
described here, see:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian#Installation_Process
Based on this guide, step by step installation is illustrated on
http://www.koha-community.cz/Instalace_Koha_3_20.pdf.
Try to follow this guide for basic Koha installation. Before the Koha
deployment is necessary to setup many parameters:
the system preferences, the privilegies for users, library branches, type of
items, templates for cataloging, setup authorized values, circulation rules,
patron categories, import of authorities, import of bibliographic records,
import of patrons, setup Postfix (mailserver), Z 39.50 client and server,
cron procedures, and others. This is not quite easy process and it requires
some experience.  Valuable source are manuals on:
http://es.koha-community.org/manual/ . Study, try, test, ask help, put the
questions, and you will be successful
Regards
Bohdan Smilauer