[Koha] Repost: Call for KohaCon17 hosting proposals

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 20 00:50:35 NZDT 2015

I'm reposting this because it was missent using the Reply button to
http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/How-to-get-dynamic-IP-for-my-koha-server-td5861967.html
- please use New Message if it's not a Reply, else the robots can't find
the kittens and they get hurt!

 from: ★ Thomas Dukleth <kohalist at agogme.com>
 date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:24:00 -0000

Anyone who would like to host KohaCon17 (international Koha conference
to be held in 2017) should add some brief information about their
proposal to the proposals summary table in the page on the Koha Wiki
which I have prepared following the model used for previous KohaCons,
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon17_Proposals .

Please link your summary proposal to a more detailed proposal preferably
in a new page on the Koha wiki or alternately hosted on your own webserver.

If you have submitted a proposal for hosting KohaCon in the past but had
not been selected, please submit a new proposal if you are interested in
hosting KohaCon17.  Do not be discouraged that some other proposal had
been selected over yours in some previous year.  People from the
Philippenes had again submitted a KohaCon proposal before the general
KohaCon17 page was created and I have now moved that merely tabular form
content which had used the form of the general KohaCon proposals page to
the newly created general KohaCon17 Proposals page.  Such persistence of
pursuing a KohaCon proposal should be encouraged.  [In the interest of
promoting regional diversity in Koha, we have sometimes considered rules
against selecting KohaCon proposals from the same region successively in
case the most populous regions might come to excessively dominate voting
for selecting a proposal, but in practise such rules may not have yet
been necessary.]

Anyone should be free to add additional relevant information to proposal
information in the wiki, such as links and information for local hotel
or other accommodations, attractions, etc.  We want whatever information
may be helpful for linking to a community wide ballot for selecting a
particular proposal.

As with all wiki content, it should be easy enough to edit by examining
the form in which pre-existing content has been entered, when editing to
add your own content.  If you want more information about MediaWiki
tables, see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Tables .

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D