[Koha] Searching in Arabic

Jesse Lambertson jlambertson at sqcc.org
Wed Nov 11 04:41:48 NZDT 2015

Good morning everyone (if it is morning when you are...)

A while back, we figured out how to search and retrieve results in Arabic
(much of our collection is in this language).

I thank everyone who helped us get this done.

But we have been searching "keyword" in Arabic for so long, we just
realized that we are NOT getting any Arabic results for *title*, *author*
or *series* in Arabic. ICU is turned-on of course.

The default MARC21 fields in Zebra's indexing list are found here:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/kohasearchindexes.html

Are there any other steps we need to follow besides those listed here
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/How_to_add_new_zebra_index to add 880
to the indexing list?

Or maybe there is a step listed somewhere in the wiki that we missed?
Does that mean modifying the framework or is the cataloguing framework
itself unaffected during this index-list addition?

Regards,

Jesse

--
Jesse A Lambertson
Librarian

عالم الانجازات ينحاز دوماً مع المتفائلين