[Koha] Problem with barcode printing too wide on patron cards; alignment also incorrect on spine labels

ccie 6862 ccie6862 at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 17:05:36 NZST 2015

I've just setup the latest koha on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and I'm in the process of attempting to configure the system. I believe things are pretty close, but I have two problems I can't seem to resolve.1) The barcodes for the patron cards - for patron #2, the barcode is around 3-4" long, with the wider barcode strips being at least 3/16". The barcode scanner will not read this, and I simply cannot find where to change this.2) The other issue is that the spine labels print out OK, only I can't align the barcode at the top with the other text. If I select left justification, the test below the barcode starts at the left (which is expected). But if I select center justification, the center is close to the far right of the barcode. I've attempted to adjust the layouts and templates, but I'm not having any luck here. Can someone point me in the right direction?Thanks for your input.