[Koha] Update on International Koha Fund

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Fri May 22 03:07:52 NZST 2015

Greg - the very first line of the MOU it is broken out.

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 7:45 AM, Greg Lawson <glawson at rhcl.org> wrote:

> This is just a quick observation on my part, but THT as an abbreviation
> for Te Horowhenua Trust is almost never broken out. That's probably fine
> for the mailing lists where the audience could reasonably be expected to
> know the association, but even in the Memorandum of Understanding THT is
> not explicitly identified as Te Horowhenua Trust, despite it being used
> three times in the block diagram (or maybe I didn't read well enough and
> missed it?).
>

> Greg Lawson
>
> ------------------------
>
> On 05/20/2015 04:14 PM, Brendan Gallagher wrote:
> > Hello All -
> >
> > I have been quite busy lately and I haven't been able to get an update
> > out.  (You'll notice that I have not even been present in IRC)  We had
> some
> > family trips.
> >
> > Anyways, the updates you've all been waiting for.
> >
> > 1. From Joann - the MOU has been passed around and signed by everyone so
> > far (I believe - Jo please correct me here if I am wrong on that).  So
> that
> > means we are totally ready to start collecting money since THT has
> > established a bank account for the Fund.  YAY on that.  We do have some
> > code for a paypal button, that we could put on the homepage of
> > koha-community.org immediately - but that really needs to be decided by
> the
> > community as a whole.  Let's vote at the next general meeting about that.
> >
> > 2. I have completed a draft of the ByLaws for the committee.  That has
> been
> > passed around to the committee members of the Fund for review, additions,
> > and comments.  We have set a 1 week timeline from today for the
> completion
> > of that.  After that we will release it to the whole community for
> > additional comments, additions, and questions.  We should have 1~2 weeks
> of
> > it being publicly available for review before it is voted on at a general
> > irc meeting.
> >
> > 3. ByWater Solutions, Biblibre, and PTFS-Europe have all pledged to
> submit
> > money to the International Koha Fund to help seed the fund immediately
> and
> > once we are ready to roll.  That way we have some money to do some good
> > projects for the community.
> >
> > 4. Jonathan Druart has resigned from Biblibre effective May 1st and is
> > currently unemployed.  I propose the we use some of the money of the Fund
> > to hire him as a contractor to a) sign-off on bugs b) QA bugs c) clean up
> > bugzilla (for example we have a large number of bugs that are major or
> > critical for some that have no patches even written for them, plus there
> is
> > also a bunch of other clean up that will help every other developer in
> the
> [...]

Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO

Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: Redding, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com