[Koha] SOLVED! problems with indexing- v. 3.18.06

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Wed May 20 06:16:31 NZST 2015

Thanks everyone,
I figured it out.
What happened is that after switching to the DOM indexing, I somehow messed
up the permissions on my configuration files.  I was suspicious of this
because in the index rebuild, I kept seeing something like this:
10:51:59-15/05 zebraidx(13345) [fatal] Cannot read config
 [permission denied].
So I changed group permissions and was finally able to restart and rebuild
zebra, and now my indexing seems to be working fine.
I realize that was probably a foolish mistake on my part, what can I say?
Thanks for all of your help!


On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Amy Schuler <schulera at caryinstitute.org>

> Tajoli and all- sorry to be confusing-  that was a typo.  I did create the
> new file zebra-biblios-dom.cfg and updated the commands as described.  So,
> I edited koha-conf.xml and zebra-biblios-dom.cfg according to the
> instructions.
> Still no Zebra indexing.
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Tajoli Zeno <z.tajoli at cineca.it> wrote:
>> Hi Amy and all,
>> Il 19/05/2015 16:25, Amy Schuler ha scritto:
>>  So I am still looking for advice.  If anyone still suspects my
>>> koha-conf.xml or zebra-biblios.cfg files, I would gladly send you the
>>> printout from those or snippets from them.
>> if you swith to DOM indexing your standard config file
>> is zebra-biblios-dom.cfg, not zebra-biblios.cfg
>> For authority zebra-authorities-dom.cfg, not
>> zebra-authorities.cfg
>> An you need to update all commands that you use.
>> Read the lines
>> <config> .. </config>
>> in zebra config sections of koha-conf.xml
>> and you can see where your config file must stay.
>> Bye
>> --
>> Dr. Zeno Tajoli
>> Servizi Innovativi -- Automazione Biblioteche
>> z.tajoli at cineca.it
>> fax +39 02 2135520
>> CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate

More information about the Koha mailing list