[Koha] E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed May 20 01:23:13 NZST 2015

I'd suggest that you delete your /etc/koha directory as it seems to be a
reminder of a defective install. It seems you have some cruft from a not
completely created instance.

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Vimal Kumar V. <vimal0212 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I got following error try to install Koha 3.18.
>

> root at ubuntukoha:/home/koha# apt-get install koha-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> koha-common is already the newest version.
> The following package was automatically installed and is no longer
> required:
>   libjs-yui
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
> 1 not fully installed or removed.
> After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
> Setting up koha-common (3.18.06.3) ...
> install: invalid user `library-koha'
> Upgrading database schema for library
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 373.
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 373.
> unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 373.
> Can't call method "config" on unblessed reference at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Context.pm line 779.
> dpkg: error processing koha-common (--configure):
>  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
> 255
>  koha-common
>

> May I know the reason behind the error?
> Regards,
> --
> Vimal Kumar V.
> Technical Assistant
> Mahatma Gandhi University Library
> Kottayam, Kerala- 686 560
> Web: http://www.vimalkumar.info
> Blog: http://linuxhalwa.blogspot.com http://kohageek.blogspot.in
> http://moovandan.blogspot.in

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F