[Koha] Installation problem

Craig Butosi craig.butosi at rcmusic.ca
Fri May 8 01:58:24 NZST 2015

Hi Romesh,

I ran into this error myself. I discovered that it was because koha-common (3.16 I believe) was not installed when it came time to create a database. In my situation, what I overlooked at the time was the fact that koha-common didn’t install when I thought it had; so, when I got to the step to create a database, the error that you're seeing presented itself.

The reason koha-common didn’t install for me was because of a problem with the stable main repository. I had to switch to oldstable main in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list.  When I did this, I restarted the installation process and when I got to creating the database, it worked. Once I reached the end of the installation cycle, I updated to the latest version of koha with apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, install koha-common.

Not sure if this is any help to you, but I hope it is!

Best,

Craig Butosi, MA, MLIS, B Mus (Hons.)
LIBRARY SERVICES MANAGER
THE ROYAL CONSERVATORY
TELUS Centre for Performance and Learning
273 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON M5S 1W2
416.408.2824 x338
www.rcmusic.ca