[Koha] lost barcode focus and jquery

Marty Jongepier marty.jongepier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:46:32 NZDT 2015

I have an annoying issue with koha, not world shocking, but it would be
nice to get a solution.
What happens is that if we scan a barcode, either for checking in or
checking out, the focus moves from the barcode box to the search box
(iceweasel, firefox, chrome...).
It is annoying, to say the least, to have to click in the check in box (or
check out) after every item scanned. Cleaning the cache, as somebody
suggested, does not help either.

It used not to be like that. You could scan as many items as you wanted and
the focus would stay on the check in box.

Some people told me that it was easily solved with jquery, but I am not a
programmer. I have tried a few things, but so far no code in jquery I have
written has solved this. Could any of you maybe help us out, give us some
sample code for this?

Running Koha on Debian Wheezy.

Thank you!

Marty