[Koha] Take a copy of Koha library

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 03:11:49 NZDT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Dalal Al-Akhras <dakhras at mcst.edu.sa> wrote:

> We have this library http://library.mcst.edu.sa  (Koha version 3.12.07).
> I'd like to install a copy of the library (same files + DB) on a virtual
> machine in order to make some tests because I don't want to make the tests
> on the production environment.
>
> I don't have much experience in Ubuntu and koha.
> Could you please tell me how can I take a copy from that library, or guide
> me to any useful article or YouTube.

This is less of a Koha question and more of a P2V migration question.
What you need is a P2V (physical to virtual) tool. Which tool and what
exact approach will depend on your selected VM. A simple mysql backup
and restore will not necessarily do the job. You need the Koha files.
Again where these would be located will be based on your installation
method (tarball or package) which we know nothing about so far.

This is a non-trivial manoeuvre, with unexpected complications without
proper planning.  You might require expert help to achieve this, given
that you mention not having a lot of experience on Ubuntu.

hope that helps

-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg