[Koha] Serial Subscription Help

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Fri Mar 20 04:25:05 NZDT 2015

  Hi Nicole,

the pattern you describe is between two times a month and once every two
weeks actually. It's not the same thing since we don't have exactly four
weeks per month.

Looking at the link you gave and a calendar (for 2015), it seems this
publication is issued once every other tuesday. (It looks like it is
"first and third tuesdays of every month" like Julian said.)
But then, you can have 3 tuesdays in one month, which is what's
happening for march 2015. Issue 7 should be on the 31st of March if we
were truly publishing one issue once every two weeks. I'd say the serial
is published every other tuesday but twice a month no matter what. In
this case you'll have to manage it as an irregularity : the publication
skips one week if there are 3 tuesdays in one month, and this is too
complicated to be supported by the serials module by itself.

What i would do is set up this serial with a once every two weeks
frequency, and the 7th of January as the first issue publication date.
It would look alright until issue 7, which would be planned for the 31st
of March, and the next issue being 2 weeks after it would be scheduled
for the 14th of April and everything onwards would be screwed.
I would save the subscription this way, after receiving number 6, Koha
would generate number 7, for the 31st of March. Before receiving it (i
think you could do it when receiving it too), i'd edit this serial, and
change the publication date to the 7th of April (which is my guess at
how this publication works). This way, the next issues generated will be
based on this date, and the subscription will be back on track. You'll
have to do this everytime you have 3 tuesdays in the same month.

The rest of the model looks fine to me, and the numbers should increment
and roll properly.

Hope that helps,