[Koha] loan availability of damaged items

Pablo Bianchi pablo.bianchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:01:02 NZDT 2015

Hi Giuseppe,

I notice the same, when item has authorized value different from 0 on
subfield $4 (DAMAGE category), opac details doesn't say "Available", only
"Item damaged", even you still can check it out.
This is probably a bug.

I found (for English) on  /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/bootstrap
*/en/*includes/item-status.inc,

on line 2:
* [% SET itemavailable = 1 %]*

on line 70:
[% IF ( item.damaged ) %]
* [% SET itemavailable = 0 %]*
[% av_lib_include = AuthorisedValues.GetByCode( 'DAMAGED', item.damaged, 1
) %]
[% IF av_lib_include %]
[% ELSE %]
[% END %]
[% END %]

on line 85:
* [% IF ( itemavailable ) %]*
* <span class="item-status available">Available [% IF ( item.restrictedopac
) %]<span class="restricted">([% item.restrictedopac %])</span>[% END
%]</span>*

so just change (for each lang code) on line 71 the "0" to "1" (or remove
it), to tell Koha that damaged does not imply unavailable.

Maybe Koha should let you define exactly which situations imply item is
unavailable/not_for_loan.

Regards,
Pablo