[Koha] Call to nominate our signatories of the fundraising memo

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri Mar 13 19:23:30 NZDT 2015

On 12/03/15 03:06, MJ Ray wrote:
> As discussed at the General IRC meeting 11 March 2015, I have posted
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Fundraising for nominations of who
> should sign the memorandum of understanding on our behalf, as well as
> any other notes we wish to make.
>
> Another IRC meeting has been called for the same time next week.
> Currently the only business I expect is to decide on signatories, but of
> course you can edit the agenda if you want something else discussed
> before or after, or if you wish to apologise for missing the meeting and
> include a short statement.
>
> I've also put a section on there for nominations for an initial
> Fundraising Committee - please see that less as prejudicial and more as
> allowing as much time as possible for nominations if this does go ahead.
>
> Thanks to BobB and Joann for developing this so far.  Please could the
> memo source code be posted somewhere and linked from the Fundraising
> page so that any improvements can be suggested?
>
> Hope that helps,

The MOU is only a framework.  The real work will fall to the fundraising
committee.  We are yet to have any discussion about how that will work.
  I refer you all back to Brendan's post of last October and the minutes
of the 17 December meeting (part 2).

In my opinion, it doesn't matter who signs the MOU, as long as they are
prepared to exercise their obligation under clause 9, that is, to 'use
their best endeavours to ensure that the Koha community establishes a
Fundraising Committee.'  Its ridiculous that it needs another meeting.
I propose that anyone committed to clause 9 can and should sign the MOU.

I'd urge everyone to support Brendan in getting this thing done.

Bob