[Koha] Koha ILS Driver for Vufind

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Mar 6 06:10:39 NZDT 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Olugbenga Adara <gbengaadara at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem seems to be the password encryption used in the Koha ILS driver
> and the encryption used for passwords in the current Koha version. The
> Vufind Koha driver still uses MD5 while I have been informed that current
> Koha uses BCRYPT.

That's correct, modern Koha uses bcrypt.

> Can anyone provide me with the Koha driver for Vufind or point me towards
> how I can update the driver to successfully authenticate with current Koha
> version?

I've made a patch to Vufind's Koha driver that allows it to recognize
both MD5 and bcrypt password hashes.

https://github.com/gmcharlt/vufind/commit/bbb6e89717627412bb516b0ea84160f55b183df2

Please note that this patch is not tested at all, but hopefully it
should at least give you the idea.  If you try it, I would appreciate
feedback on whether it works.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt