[Koha] Can I clean up imported ISBN's --> for book cover displays

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 07:25:32 NZST 2015

Please take a look at last versions of MarcEdit, that allow retrieving
records from a Koha instance, and pushing them back for updating them. That
way you can fix your records.

> Hi all,
>
> I recently imported a collection into Koha, and am only now realizing that
> quite a few of the ISBN numbers are formatted incorrectly, and/or have
> unsupported characters in the field.
> It's not a big deal as long as I use Google books for my covers, Google
> seems smart enough to search and parse the ISBN field.....the problem is,
> when I try to implement something like the
> page found here:
> http://www.myacpl.org/koha/acpls-new-and-upcoming-opac-list/
> <http://www.myacpl.org/koha/acpls-new-and-upcoming-opac-list/>
>
> My covers come up short... I seem to be missing quite a few. I am just
> pulling the ISBN number and linking to Amazon and/or Open Library covers.
> Examination of these links leads me to believe that I have quite a few
> messed up ISBN numbers......
> Any type of ISBN checker and or repair tool that I could run ??
> Or has that ship already sailed ... and I should have fixed them before the
> import (with MarcEdit or some other tool).
>
> Anyone have a handy-dandy SQL command to clean them up ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> -S

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F